To create a more favourable environment for the Irish consumer foods sector that enables it to remain vibrant and competitive in both domestic and export markets.
- To gain recognition for the economic importance of the sector to the economy and its unique complexity
- To secure a meaningful commitment from Government to drive the co-ordinated development of the sector
- To achieve a significant improvement in the cost competitiveness of the sector
- To ensure that the regulatory burden on the sector is minimised and applied evenly across all food businesses and operators
- To develop an infrastructure that actively supports innovation
- To improve the availability of skilled and adaptable employees for the sector
- To ensure a co-ordinated sectoral response to key consumer issues